terça-feira, 26 de abril de 2011

A tad of honesty

When I first set up this blog my intentions were not true. Well, they were true, but that truth doesn't make sense to me anymore. I said I wanted to practice my writing. What I actually wanted was to communicate with some people related to my ex. My ex, the Mexican aka the Crazy Hair Dude. He is not a part of my life anymore. I have no connection with anyone related to him - except from a friend in common, but that's all. The only things I know about the Mexican are things that Facebook tells me.

My intentions now are 100% solid: I really want to practice my writing. Not only I need to but I also promised I'd do so in my last CELTA assignment and I take promises very seriously. That's why I decided to change this blog's name. I don't want to tell anecdotes about my life and change the ending, as I had planned to do years ago. I just want to spill out words. Ramdonly. About whatever I decide and as freely as possible. I'm even planning to go WILD and maybe not even really finish some texts. Isn't it rebel of me? ;)

"You know how I feel" is a sentence from my favorite song of all times: "Feeling Good". It was sung by Nina Simone, Michael Bublé and Muse. I obviously love Muse's version. Sorry Nina. Bublé, I don't really care about you. I would never name a blog of mine as "Feeling good". It's too optimistic and too much optimism is not my cup of tea - I'm a sarcastic gal and sarcasm and too much optimism do not go well together. "You know how I feel" is so appropriate because what I like the most about writing in blogs (and believe me, I know about writing in blogs, I've been doing this since 2002) is the fact that no matter what you're going through, there's always someone who's going through the same. And comments about it. And then you don't feel like you're the only one in the world who thinks like that. Or goes through like that. You feel like you belong somewhere, even if that "somewhere" is the "freak club". That's alright.

Because you know. I know. Everybody knows - even though this is not something we admit: being unique is good. However, what human beings really seek, what we really want, is to belong. Isn't it?

Nenhum comentário: