quarta-feira, 12 de março de 2008

But more, much more than this... I did it my way!

Here I am, with my perhaps... fifth blog. Or sixth. First one in English, though. I'm an English teacher here in Brasil and I started to feel the need of practising my writing, since during the classes I just correct compositions, never write them. That's funny, because sometimes I have to bribe or threaten my students so they write at least one single paragraph. Before you start thinking that I'm a horrible teacher, let me introduce you to my friend, Mr. Sarcasm. Say hello to him. Now that I made my point and you know that I don't offer money, chocolate nor my precious body in exchange of a simple composition, I can continue. So, that's funny that my students, who are all adults and supposedly responsible, almost cry their eyes out (is there this expression? If there isn't, I've just made it up) when it comes to doing written exercises. And here I am, voluntarily writing and studying - am I not busy at all? Should I find myself a boyfriend instead of spending my time watching the days go by and writing texts? Don't think so. This is part of my nerdy spirit and the nerdy spirit will never die. And to tell you the truth, usually the guys I go out with are usually a bit nerd - so if I find myself a boyfriend, he'd probably, I don't know, read everything and meddle in my texts or change this (lame) nice layout. I wish my students were BLESSED (capital letters to emphasize my irony) with an itty bitty bit of my nerdyness.

Anyway, here I am, already writing too much. Welcome whoever reads this, feel free to comment and give your opinions. Take your shoes off, grab a beer, make yourself at home. Just please, don't get naked because this is a very respectful and serious blog. Thanks.

6 comentários:

Unknown disse...

haha

Já adicionei aos favoritos!!!

Beijo,
Mi

Sami disse...

Your ingenius and funny. I am soon to be one of you regular english readers.

~Spaz~

Camila disse...

OMG, I have a new reader besides Milena!

Spaz, be welcome! I guess I read some comment from you in Moanie's blog, am I right? :-) That's so good to know I'll have a regular english reader!

Camila disse...

Oh, I'm so gonna check out your blog a-now, haha.

Oscarinho disse...

If I can't be naked while reading your blog then I won't read it at all.

Camila disse...

Oscar, ok, if you wear some very nice underwear you can read my blog. Or you can be naked, I'll never know anyway...